At Neptune we don't just follow the 'well-trodden' path of design and manufacturing, we dig into the hidden depths of what's possible, what's right, and ultimately, what's best. This approach takes an insatiable appetite for achieving the optimal blend of materials and manufacturing techniques. We're relentless optimists who fundamentally believe that things can always be better. That's our starting point.
We're searching for an experienced Product Technologist to drive the technical and quality aspects of the entire Neptune product range, with support from R&D, Design and Product Development. You'll work closely with our Designers and Buyers / Product Developers throughout the critical path to ensure all briefs, samples and products are fit for purpose and compliant.
You will be key in ensuring the quality and performance of our products and will work closely with customer services and QC teams (both in the UK and off-shore) to monitor and respond to any issues. You'll also champion innovation and sustainability and will drive these things through your work.
You work closely with the Head of Product to contribute to department strategy through supplier scoring and new initiatives, supporting the wider team and business strategies along with lots of personal responsibility, such as:
- Product and packaging development; reviewing designs and concepts for viability and compliance, assessing potential performance and safety issues and working with manufacturers on improvements and packaging standards
- Working with manufacturers on testing, BOMs, specs and AIs, ensuring these are received in good time, approved, and filed
- nsuring quality standards, working with our on and off-shore teams to communicate and implement these
- Working with the Head of Product and wider Product Team to input into Supplier Scoring and Strategy and auditing manufacturing routes
- Drive and champion sustainability and innovation in our production and packaging processes, researching and proposing new technical innovation, standards, materials and finishes
As we all do, you'll work very closely with our overseas based production teams to continuously strengthen links between design, development, sourcing, manufacturing and other highly valued supplier partners to Neptune. We're looking for a real problem solver and solutions person. It's a must that you have previous experience as a Furniture Product Technician and you'll also have some experience of working with far-east manufacturing, alongside experience working with Technical Drawings & BOM's. Previous experience in Hard Goods and Lighting would also be a benefit.
As a person, we are searching for someone who is a collaborative team-worker and is confident with presenting and influencing others. You'll bring a positive and can-do attitude and a passion of working to exacting standards. You'll be joining a like minded group of people who share a love of furniture and all the little things that help make a house a home.
What Benefits we can offer you
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous new item and factory outlet discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Perkbox: Wellbeing Hub and Retail Discounts Portal
- Your birthday day off
- Day off if you become a Grandparent
- A week off if you get married / civil partnership
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long service holiday allowance increase
- Training Workshops
To find out a little more about us please our website, Facebook and Instagram.
Neptune…improving the customer experience.