At Neptune, we aspire to improve our products and people with equal detail and panache to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction. Basics done well. Our culture and our surroundings bring together teamwork and continuous improvement, identifying and driving these improvements whilst developing great teams. Building best in class products, we aspire to improve our products and people with equal detail and panache to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction.
We are looking for a dynamic and positive Distribution Planning Manager who will have a critical role in optimising the customer distribution network of Neptune Europe Ltd. They will be responsible for developing efficient distribution strategies, coordinating both internal and outbound logistics operations, and ensuring the timely and cost-effective delivery of products to customers.
The Distribution Planner will collaborate with various departments, including Operations, the Manufacturing facilities, and Stores/Sales, to ensure smooth and effective distribution processes.
In this busy and pivotal role to Neptune, day to day you will:
- Develop and implement distribution strategies to meet customer demands while minimising costs and maximising efficiency
- Coordinate transportation and logistics activities to ensure on-time delivery of products to customers.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to gather market intelligence and customer feedback for accurate demand forecasting.
- Monitor and analyse distribution KPIs, such as delivery accuracy, order fulfilment rates, and transportation costs v cube delivered through varying distribution channels.
- Proactively address any issues that could impact distribution schedules and customer satisfaction.
- Perform regular cost reviews of distribution fleet/delivery routes/subcontract opportunities to ensure optimum efficiency.
We are looking for someone special; to not only be an ambassador of our brand but to also lead on setting high standards, so you'll have a natural desire to achieve and support others to deliver to these too. You'll be an excellent communicator with experience of management and facilities and large sites. You will also be highly organised with problem solving abilities to address challenges in distribution and logistics processes. You'll be part of a supportive, fast paced and growing environment, where fresh ideas are valued and encouraged.
What Benefits we can offer you
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous new item and factory outlet discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Perkbox: Wellbeing Hub and Retail Discounts Portal
- Your birthday day off
- Two paid volunteer days a year
- Day off if you become a Grandparent
- A week off to celebrate a life event
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long service holiday allowance increase
- Training Workshops
Across all locations, we stay united by our company values: Do The Right Thing, Do It Together, Aim High and Keep It Real.
We are a growing business that encourages our people to grow with us. Neptune's goal is to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone's voices are heard.