The terracotta Barbury wall tiles are designed and hand finished by our expert partners in Marlborough, using time honoured techniques. With no two exactly the same, the result is an organic, rustic feel which celebrates the subtle differences between each tile, including variations in shape and surface, to form a characterful finish. Keep the tiles protected with our Crackle Glaze Sealant.
Design & engineering
- After shaping, the clay tile is left to dry naturally then bisque fired.
- Expertly designed and glazed in the UK.
- Protected from moisture with an engobe glaze.
- Finished with a rustic, antique-look crackled glaze.
- To protect the tiles, we advise using our clear sealant.
Delivery & returns
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5-10 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Care & need to knows
- Wipe with a cloth and standard tile cleaning products.
- Regularly dry if using in the kitchen or bathroom.
Need to know
- Due to their handmade nature, no two will look the same or lay completely flat – this contributes to their rustic look.
- Providing our sealant and the correct grout and adhesive are used, they’re suitable for splashbacks, hearths and fireplace surrounds.
- Each tile will have three unglazed edges. As a result, some of the terracotta body may be visible when fixed to the wall.
- We don't currently provide grout and adhesive, but we recommend formulas from Marlborough Tiles.
- Over time, especially in areas where temperatures fluctuate, the crackle glaze will continue to craze. You may hear a quiet pinging sound when this happens, but this is a natural occurrence with crackle glaze tiles.
- No resealing required.
- Can be used with a dry cutter.
- Request a full-size tile sample at your local Neptune store or by calling 01793 934 011.