Where to use it
Make Saffron your palette’s foundation – all over your walls or across kitchen cabinetry – and it’ll feel undoubtedly sunny, bringing welcoming warmth and optimism. Or feature it in smaller ways – on furniture or in a cabinet’s interior.
To make choosing paint a bit easier, we have an edited collection of 28 shades. They’re split into seven nature-inspired palettes, each with four hues that work together particularly well. Then we have a new seasonal shade twice a year that moves into our archive afterwards – you can still order these whenever you like though.
Like all our paints, this one comes as matt emulsion or eggshell. The emulsion’s shine-free and gives walls a velvety look. And the eggshell’s like its namesake – there’s just a hint of sheen. Both are water-based, so all you’ll need to clean your brushes (and yourself!) is warm water and perhaps a little soap.
How to use it: emulsion
Matte emulsion’s generally best for walls as the flat finish blurs any imperfections in the plaster. But there’s nothing stopping you from using it on woodwork and metal if you’re looking for a slightly chalky character.
How to use it: eggshell
Our eggshell’s got a 10-20% sheen level. It’s best over the top of our primer on woodwork (like furniture, skirting boards and doorframes) or metal (like radiators). And because it’s a bit more durable, it suits walls in higher traffic areas (like hallways) or where you’re likely to need to wipe them (such as kitchens). It’s great in a bathroom too where it’s likely to be steamy.
About our paints
Our paint formulas are made with both people and planet in mind. They’re just about as low in VOCs (volatile organic compounds, which release harmful chemicals and unpleasant odours) as is possible to be, and are both suitable for vegan lifestyles and never tested on animals. They’re made in the UK by our trusted partners who have been mixing paint since 1740, and they’ve also got great coverage – depending on the colour, just two coats should be all you need.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 5-10 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Need to know
Sometimes our paint colours can be different from batch to batch. It’ll only ever be a very small difference (within 0.8%), but it’s something you should bear in mind if you’re painting several things the same colour in one room. Best to buy all the paint you need at one time and keep a spare bit handy for touch-ups. It also means that the colours in our paint books might be ever so slightly different too.
VOC: You might’ve heard of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) before. They’re chemicals that evaporate at room temperature, and you often find them in paint. They’re not great for your health though, so you don’t want too many. That’s why we keep the amount in ours as low as we can. Both our emulsion and eggshell finishes contain 2g of VOCs per litre, max. To put that in perspective, the EU limit is 30g per litre.
Real Neptune homes
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones …
Ways with tiles and timber
How to use our tiles and timber cladding across your home to create texture, atmosphere and perso…