As a sideboard
A little shorter than our other sideboards, around dining table height, Chawton’s good in an open plan kitchen-diner to mark the change between taller kitchen cabinets and your eating area.
As something more
Choose to span wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling, create kitchen shelving for a low-beamed cottage or a bookcase for a sloping-ceilinged barn – with Chawton, the choice is entirely yours. Just pop into one of our stores to get started.
Chawton’s made from tulipwood and oak: two timbers you can depend upon for years to come. They’re both strong, they’re both natural, and they’re both excellent at what they do – tulipwood with its fine, even grain for painting, and oak with its characterful (but not too knotty) grain for leaving on show.
The finish: tulipwood
Not every piece of furniture and every colour of paint needs the same process – a ‘one finish suits all’ approach won’t ever give you the best result possible. That’s why we vary the number of coats and use both hand-painted and spray-painted techniques depending on what that shade needs.
The finish: oak
Whichever colour you choose for the exterior, inside will always be unpainted oak. We’ve brushed, buffed and stained it to give it a slightly darkened and textured finish. And we’ve protected it with our IsoGuard® oil to help it stand up to scuffs and stains – without changing the natural feel of the timber.
In detail: handles & hardware
Chawton’s cup-shaped handles are finished in deep, dark Bronze. Just the thing to go with the contemporary cabinet style, it’ll create a strong contrast against Snow and a tone-on-tone look with Ink.
In detail: the drawers
Just like our kitchen cabinetry, Chawton’s drawers rest on soft-close runners. The runners sit underneath the drawer so, when you pull it out, you won’t be able to see them.
Chawton’s designed so that you can easily put it together yourself – because it’s freestanding, you don’t need a professional to install it. It means that, if you want to move it, add sections or take pieces away in the future, you absolutely can.
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5-10 working days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.