Carrara marble is a naturally-occurring, grey-white metamorphic rock that has darker veining, making each piece unique. It’s cool to the touch, making Maltby the perfect cheese board or surface to prepare pastry on. Because it’s very hard though, it can blunt your kitchen knives, so if you’re worried about that, then use it for serving and displaying rather than lots of chopping.
The honed finish of the marble gives it a more relaxed look than if it were polished and gleaming, though it’s still crisp and smart. We’ve sealed it with a food safe sealant to give it some protection from acidic food and staining, but if you use it as more than a decorative piece, it’ll mark a little over time, giving it a lived-with and well-loved feel.
Size and shape
Maltby comes in two shapes and three sizes: a long, thin board, and these circular ones. The small size is good for a cheese board, side dishes or supper for two; and use the larger one for a bigger group of people.
There’s a small loop on Maltby’s handle in case you want to hang it up, which is made from a tan leather to match the elegant feel of the marble.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 5-10 working days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.