Chatto SofaPart of our Chatto collection
What is Lloyd Loom?
Lloyd Loom is made by wrapping paper around wire, weaving this into strong panels, and then attaching these to a frame. It has the texture of a wicker piece, but it’s painted (in Chatto’s case, in our soft green-grey Lily colour), which makes it the perfect indoor-outdoor style.
Can I use Chatto outside?
Absolutely. We’ve really considered how to make Chatto as weather-resistant as possible, from the robust, heavy-gauge aluminium frame that won’t rust, to the polyurethane paint (as opposed to the eggshell we use for interior Lloyd Loom pieces) that makes it virtually waterproof. It means you can use it outside all summer long, although you should bring it in over winter.
The seat cushion
All our garden furniture cushions are made from natural-coloured, weather-resistant fabric, so you needn’t bring them inside if there’s a quick summer shower. They’re not completely weatherproof, though, so don’t leave them out all year long or in pouring rain. They’re filled with foam, which is soft but keeps its shape well, and the covers are removable, so they’re easy to clean.
How it feels
Chatto’s seat’s quite deep and wide and the back’s firm. If you want to, you can add a few scatter cushions, but the seamless line from back to arms means you’ll be comfortable without them.
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5-10 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.