Frame and filling
Inside George, just as in all our headboards, is a solid timber frame with proper joinery, which you’ll be reminded of each time you sit up in bed and lean back into it. It’s well-padded too though, so your head will always be resting on something soft.
Size and structure
George is one of our taller headboards, but not in a dramatic way. Your eye will be drawn to it when you walk into your bedroom, but it won’t take over either. We design our headboards to sit on the top of the bed frame so that it becomes one fluid piece and can sit flush to the wall – should you want it to.
George is a minimal design, and its only decoration comes from a series of delicate pulls (small stitches, rather than accidental snags) in the fabric. They create a slightly tufted surface that’s an understated version of traditional buttoning.
Pairing with a bed base
George comes with solid oak struts that can be bolted to the bedframe to attach it securely. It also has a French cleat fixing should you prefer to hang it from your wall with the bed pushed up against it. Our Chichester and Francis bases make the perfect partner to George, or, pair it with your existing divan.
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5-10 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Need to know
Please note that this imagery is representative only. While it accurately shows the different fabrics available, how they appear on the furniture will vary from piece to piece due to the hand-upholstered nature of our collection.