Attaching your headboard
You can use either Charlie’s French cleat to attach it to the wall, or the fixing at the bottom to fit it onto your bed base. Or both, if you want it to be well and truly secure. The French cleat, which is simply two pieces of timber (one for the wall and one on the headboard) that slot together, is also deep enough that you can hang Charlie over skirting and not need to cut out a space for it.
Fitting a light
If you can’t reach your lamp around the wings, or don’t have space for one and can’t install wall lights, Charlie has slots under its upholstery where you can fit two of our Rathbone lights instead. You’ll just need to ask an upholsterer to snip through the fabric and pop the lights in, chasing the cables out through the spaces in the back, before stitching the fabric back up. Your electrician can then wire them in.
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5-10 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.